Sushant K. Gupta
Keen learner and an ardent coder. Love to tinker with algorithms and strive to improve on them. Hands on
experience with Distributed Systems, Android Development, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Networking &
Software Engineer | Google LLC, Mountain View, US (25 Oct ‘21 – )
Working on a copy service to distribute Ads data globally. Current project includes improving the end-to-end
Software Engineer | Google India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India (20 Jan ‘20 – 24 Oct ‘21)
Worked on a distributed system that serves Ads Landing Pages (built from customer data) to the end users.
The system is globally-distributed and highly available. Primarily I led the projects on the serving side of
the system. Major projects include:
- Customization: Lead the effort with a team of 3 SWEs for providing the users the capability to
customize the behaviour of landing pages based on their content. This included offering different
templates, themes and custom conversion leads.
- Latency Improvement: Worked on improving the latency of the landing pages. This included
improving the server response time & page load time. The PSI score was improved from 30 to 70+.
- SMB Retail: Lead the serving effort to introduce end-to-end transactional experience for users on
landing pages. This included designing a cart system, integration with payment system (GPay) and
integration with 3P aggregators who provided the information for the SMBs.
Software Engineer | Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad, India (26 May ‘19 – 17 Jan ‘20)
Worked for the Office Android team to develop highly scalable Android apps and Web services. Contributed in
the following areas:
- Part of the core team responsible for the File Transfer feature for sharing files between devices using
a Web Service (Desktop to Phone) and Play Services API (Phone to Phone).
- Part of the core File Transfer Web Service team working particularly in the area of API development,
WebApp, Telemetry, Metrics and Incident Management, Automation, Scaling and Performance testing.
- Responsible for root cause analysis and troubleshooting performance & memory leak issues in the
- Worked on the file search feature to implement a multi-threaded search model.
Software Engineering Intern | Microsoft India R&D Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad (14 May ‘18 – 6 Jul ‘18)
Worked on a prototype system to automate the process of background verification of employees. The
system was conceptualized using Blockchain and Cryptography.
Bachelor of Engineering | Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (27 Jul ‘15 – 15 May ‘19)
- Major: Computer Science and Engineering (CGPA: 8.91/10).
- Academic Projects:
Statistical Analysis of Cardiovascular Diseases using BRFSS dataset (Final year project):
analysis project to determine factors affecting cardiovascular diseases. This project involves
Machine Learning tools to analyse cardiovascular diseases (leading cause of death in the US).
Docker as a Service (Mar ‘18): This project was completed at Hack In The North 2018
conducted by IIIT Allahabad. DaaS (Docker as a Service) aims to provide easy computation and
storage solutions on a local network.
- Position of Responsibilities:
- Technical Coordinator, ACM Student’s Chapter, BIT Mesra (2018-19)
- General Body Member, IEEE Student’s Branch, BIT Mesra (2017-19)
- Tech Lead, Hack-A-BIT (Student Hackathon), BIT Mesra (2018)